Hi everyone. Thanks for checking out our blog. For more information about me, please see below! Take care. — TB
2013 – Present
Texas Tech Univesity: Lubbock, TX
Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology: APA Accredited
Advisor: Mike C. Parent, Ph.D.
Internship 2017-2018: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Adult Outpatient Psychiatry/Integrated Health Concentration: APA Accredited
2011 – 2013
University of North Texas: Denton, TX
M.S. in Kinesiology: Sport and Exercise Psychology Emphasis
Advisors: Scott B. Martin, Ph.D.; Christy Greenleaf, Ph.D., Trent A. Petrie, Ph.D.
2007 – 2011
Baylor University: Waco, TX
B.A. in Psychology; Sociology
Advisors: Rafer Lutz, Ph.D.; Michael Frisch, Ph.D., Gary Brooks, Ph.D.
My interests are in the study of men and masculinities, health disparities, behavioral medicine interventions, sport and performance psychology, integrated healthcare, and professional issues in the training and practice of health service psychology.
1. Parent, M.C., & Bradstreet, T.C. (2017). Sexual orientation, bullying due to being labeled gay or bisexual, and anabolic steroid use among adolescent boys. Journal of Health Psychology. Advanced online publication. doi:10.1177/1359105317692144
2. Parent, M.C. & Bradstreet, T.C. (2017). Integrating physical self-concept into the relationship between drive for muscularity and exercise with disordered eating and depression among men. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 18, 1-11. doi:10.1037/men0000038
3. Parent, M.C., Bradstreet, T.C., Piper, M., Brace, T., & Parkman, T.J. (2016). Racial disparities in substance use by sport participation among high school students. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. 77, 980–985. doi:10.15288/jsad.2016.77.980
4. Parent, M.C., Hammer, J.H., Bradstreet, T.C., Schwartz, E.N., & Jobe, T. (2016). Men’s mental health help-seeking behaviors: An intersectional analysis. American Journal of Men’s Health, Advanced online publication. doi:10.1177/1557988315625776
5. Parent, M.C., Bradstreet, T.C., Wood, M., Ameen, E., & Callahan, J. (2016). The worst experience of my life: The internship crisis and its impact on students. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 72, 714742. doi:10.1002/jclp.22290
6. Bradstreet, T.C., & Parkman, T.J. (2016). Behavioral medicine treatments for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 4, 45-48. doi:10.12746/swrccc2016.0413.176
7. Bradstreet, T.C., & Hendrick, S. (2015). Assessing nicotine dependence: A review of available instruments. The Southwest Respiratory and Critical Care Chronicles, 3, 48-51. doi:10.12746/swrccc2015.0312.159
8. Levant, R.F., Parent, M.C., McCurdy, E., & Bradstreet, T.C. (2015). Moderation mediation of the relationship between masculinity ideology, outcome expectations, and energy drink use. Health Psychology, 34, 1000-1106. doi:10.1037/hea0000214
9. Parent, M.C., & Bradstreet, T.C. (2017). Gay, bisexual, and transgender masculinities. In R.F. Levant, and J. Wong (Eds), The Psychology of Men and Masculinities.
10. Parent, M.C., Schwartz, E.N., & Bradstreet, T.C. (2016) Men’s body image. In J. Wong, & S. Wester (Eds), APA Handbook for the Psychology of Men and Masculinities. doi:10.1037/14594-027.
Member: Board of Health, Lubbock, TX: City Government, Boards and Commissions
Duties: Make recommendations to the City Council on public health matters
Selected Projects: Zika preparedness; STD and unplanned pregnancies; opioid-related deaths; Public health grant funding; Communicable diseases; Immunization education
Member: Committee for the Advancement of Professional Practice (CAPP)
American Psychological Association: Practice Organization Governance
Mission: APAPO promotes psychologists by advancing the trade of health service psychology. CAPP identifies, plans and implements projects important to the protection, defense and enhancement of professional practice
Duties: Policy & Planning, STPAs, Membership, Recruitment & Retention, Assessment
Student Member at Large: Executive Board of Directors
APA Division 51: Society for the Psychological Study of Men & Masculinity
Duties: Provide graduate student perspective to the board; Support the D51 mission and goals; Make recommendations and cast vote on important D51-related matters
If you are still interested, check out my social media and professional websites to get more info!